We are Catholics in the Greater Sacramento area promoting Catholic faith and serving the spiritual needs of people in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
Our priest Fr. Abraham Chiu is a Chinese American. He speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese. Ordained on September 9, 1990 in Hong Kong and serving in various priestly duties, he was invited by the Bishop Jaime Soto in 2021 to come to the Diocese of Sacramento to serve the Chinese community. He can be reached at (916) 483-8454 (St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church) for spiritual and sacramental services.
Of the many activities, the most important is the Chinese mass every Sunday. It is celebrated in Cantonese and Mandarin, and even some English. Mass is offered at the beautifully renovated Cathedral located at 1017 11th St., Sacramento. Other activities include:
1. RCIA Group holds home meeting twice a month, and special RCIA class is taught by Fr. Abraham personally on a needed basis to new catechumens.
2. Annual retreat provides timeout to reflect on our relationship with God.
3. Young adult group gathers for faith sharing, Bible study every Saturday morning and social activities.
4. Summer picnic in the park.
5. Thanksgiving dinner.
6. Christmas party.
7. Caroling at senior homes.
8. Chinese New Year Celebration and Special Tribute to Ancestors.
9. Visitation to our elderly members.